Colic among newborns - The risk
- By Team TDO
Baby colic is very common among newborn.
What causes the colic?
- Ingestion of air while breastfeeding.
- Baby sucking too fast might lead to gastrointestinal pain.
- Foods eaten by the mother is claimed to upset the immature baby's tummy.
Here are some tips to deal with the crying baby:
- Holding or rocking it in arms can do the trick. Singing a lullaby is effective to put the baby to sleep.
- Burp the baby every time after breastfeeding.
- Hunger is expressed by crying. Breastfeed.
- Loud noises might startle the baby. Prevent making loud sounds.
- A warm bath soothes some babies.
- Pacifier does wonders for some babies.
- Gas pains can be the cause. Use the medicine given by doctor as per his advice.
- Moms should make changes to what they eat.