- By Team TDO
This specially baked kofta is good for heart patients, as it is low in sodium, fat and high in potassium.
Health Benefits of Bottle Gourd:
- It provides more nutrients and is low in calories and fats.
- It is good for digestion.
- It has cooling effect due to water content in it and prevents heat strokes.
- It cures urinary disorders, as it has a diuretic effect.
- Help in weight loss.
- Prevents premature greying of hair and gives beautiful skin.
- Treats insomnia.
- It also helps to replace the lost fluids.
- Helps in liver diseases like jaundice and kidney diseases.
Ingredients for preparing kofta curry:
For preparing bottle guard koftas:
- 1/2 cup grated bottle guard.
- 2 tablespoon Bengal gram flour.
- 1 small sized boiled and mashed potato
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste.
- 1/2 tablespoon green chilli paste.
- 1/2 tablespoon chaat masala.
- Salt as per taste.
For preparing curry:
- 2 roughly chopped roasted onions.
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped ginger.
- 2 roasted garlic cloves, roughly chopped.
- 2 roughly chopped blanched tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder.
- 1/4 tablespoon turmeric powder.
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin seeds.
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetables
- Salt as per taste.
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander for garnishing.
Steps to prepare kofta curry:
First prepare koftas:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide this mixture into 16 round pieces and make round koftas.
- Steam the koftas for 20 minutes till the koftas are done, and then keep it aside.
Preparation of curry:
- Mix the onion, garlic and ginger to a smooth paste and blend it in mixer and keep it aside.
- Blend the tomatoes in mixer to make puree, and keep it aside.
- Heat the non-stick kadhai on medium flame and when it becomes hot, add cumin seeds to it.
- Roast the cumin seeds for 10 to 15 seconds, and then add ground paste and continuously stir and cook it till it turns brown in colour.
- Add the tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, vegetable stock and salt and cook it on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Then add koftas and simmer it for 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve the hot and healthy kofta curry, garnished with coriander in just 40 minutes.
Nutritional value of Bottle Gourd (per 100 g):
- Water content: 96 percent.
- Protein : 0.2 g
- Fat : 0.1 g
- Minerals: 0.5 g
- Fibre : 0.6
- Carbohydrates : 2.5 gram
- Energy : 12 kcal
- Calcium : 20 mg
- Phosphorus : 10 mg
- Iron : 0.46 mg