Citrus salad - Lose your weight after pregnancy
- By Team TDO
Health Benefits of Citrus salad:
- Helps to get back into shape after pregnancy.
- Capsicum helps to increase the metabolism, acts as antioxidants, prevents clotting of blood, also helpful in treating neuralgia and cancer.
- Carrots are good for heart, skin and hair. They are good source of vitamin A.
- Carrots increases the breast milk, it also increases the menstrual flow and good for digestion.
- Oranges are good for skin, heart, liver, kidney; it also helps to relieve constipation.
Ingredients for salad:
For mint dressing:
- 3/4 cup thick fresh low fat curd.
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves.
- 3/4 tablespoon mustard powder.
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar powder.
- Salt as per taste.
Other ingredients for citrus salad:
- 1/4 cup cooked whole wheat pasta.
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow, green and red coloured capsicum.
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots, use blanched carrot which is immersed in boiling water for 1 to 3 minutes then put in ice water and frozen.
- 1 chopped spring onion.
- 1 cup bean sprouts.
- 1 cup orange segments after removing the white skin on it.
- 1/2 cup sweet lime segments.
Steps to prepare salad (serves 4)
- Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate it to get chilled.
- Then just before serving, add the dressing and mix it well, and serve it immediately.
Serve this yummy salad in just 20 minutes.
Nutritive values per serving:
- Energy: 97 calories.
- Protein: 5.7 gram.
- Carbohydrates : 17.9 gram
- Fat : 0.5 gram
- Vitamin C : 45.6 mg
- Fibre: 1.4 gram.