Herbal detox diet. Is it better?
- By Team TDO
What are the benefits of a detox diet:
- Herbal cleansing can help restore energy, alertness and positive attitude. This detoxification scheme can impart benefits similar to those of a health spa.
- The cleansing herbs help the body eliminate waste products and toxins from the liver, the kidneys and the colon. The cleansing herbs may cause slight discomfort as they work so soothing herbs are used to make the process gentler.
- Chamomile, ginger, parsley are among the chief ingredients.
- This diet soothes and relaxes the nervous system, digestive system.
What should I eat in a detox diet:
- Fruits: Papaya, lemon, guava, orange, sweet lime, apple, pear,cherry, avocado and peaches.
- Avoid: Mangoes, bananas and custard apples.
- Vegetables: Bottle gourd, cabbage, cucumber, broccoli, beets, cilantro, carrots and garlic are a big yes.
- Avoid: Potatoes, pumpkins and lady fingers.
- Others: Nuts and moong beans.
These diets can be harmful sometimes. Talk to the experts and take advice of your doctor before you begin your detox diet.